Friday, June 15, 2012

He is FAITHFUL...


     As I look back a year ago.. I see how much has changed. How much I have changed.. And I see that God was in every single situation and still is. 

"But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one." 
--2 Thessalonians 3:3
There have been so many times in the past year that I have “freaked out” … and then I look back and realize why did I act like that?.. When I know God is always there holding my hand. 

Recently I learned that when God says “NO”.. it’s smart to follow his commands. I listened to an amazing sermon by Steven Furtick from Elevation Church called “Do Not Resuscitate”. The first thing he said was, "How long will you mourn over what God's rejected?" I was floored..! It's amazing how God speaks to me at the exact right time! I definitely realized there were some things in my life that needed to be taken off life support.. 

Despite all the "crap" I've been through this past year.. God has a purpose in all things.

Here are just a few things that demonstrate God’s faithfulness… 

**I got to live at the beach for 6 months.. with an amazing roomie!


Surf City, NC


Me and Anna (my roomie)


**I met my new church family/small group ladies, which I could not live without!
Easter Pot-luck

Memorial Day Picnic

**And even though I thought all was lost when I failed my OT exam.. I passed it the second time!! Praise the Lord :)
I am officially an Occupational Therapist with an incredible job and wonderful co-workers. 


**The Lord led me to move to Wilmington :) 

Wrightsville Beach, NC

Downtown Wilmington (water front)



**And to lead a girl's middle school small group :) And they are wonderful!


**I got to adopt Nugget! And he is a JOY to come home to :-D
He likes to pose for pictures.
He's my favorite!

I had no idea that God would promote so much change in my life this past year.. but He did and He is still constantly working in and through me. I believe everything happens for a reason and God places people in my life and takes away people for His glory. 

I’m excited to continue with my One Word this year.. DISCOVER.. God’s purpose and who He wants me to be this year.. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited you started a blog! I love this :) Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete