Saturday, December 15, 2012

He is... GREATER than our FEARS



"Greater things are possible for you, right in the place where God has positioned you. Even if you don't feel very comfortable or qualified to be there." 
(Steven Furtick, Greater)

Lately, I have felt a tug on my heart for women and children that are victims of sex trafficking. There have been multiple occasions recently where this subject has popped up.. on Joyce Meyer's twitter, Holly Furtick's blog, a learning module at work, etc. I had the opportunity to volunteer through the single's ministry at my church to raise awareness for human trafficking in Wilmington, NC. Along with an awesome night of worship and a speaker that increased my knowledge about human trafficking (NC is in the top 10 worst in the nation!) which was eye-opening; we had the opportunity to work with Centre of Redemption and pack toiletry bags for victims. The next morning we went out all over Wilmington and the surrounding areas to talk with local businesses and share information about human trafficking and how they can look out for and help victims. Businesses were much more receptive than I thought they'd be, which was a blessing!
(More info on how we helped: Converge Event)

It makes me sick to think of the women and children that are victims of sex trafficking- most of which are 12-14 years old- my middle schoolers are that age! It tugs at my heart even more that this is something GREATER that God may be calling me to. Although, I don't feel like I know enough or know where to start. FEAR is definitely standing in my way. And even though I know how faithful God is.. I still seem to have fears to fully jump in when things are not crystal clear. But I guess that is why it's called FAITH
"Faith is the confidence that we hope for will actually happen, it gives us assurance about things we cannot see." ~Hebrews 11:1
I know God is working in me and pushing me to jump out of my comfort zone even more. I am just trying to figure out what His next step is in my life and give up my control. God is my navigational system! I just need to take it one day at a time.

"He'll do the showing if you will do the going."
"He's more interested in your full obedience than your full understanding."
(Steven Furtick, Greater)



God has an invitation for me..
"to uproot from familiar, shatter the monotonous life, and take me on an adventure."

1 comment:

  1. Allison, I love the quote you chose from Greater to lead off your blog! "Even if we don't feel very comfortable or qualified..." Those words ring so true when we are pushing ourselves to be receptive to God's calling in new directions, because we almost never find His call comfortable, and we surely don't think we're qualified! Relinquishing our control requires living in faith, and opens us to new vistas of serving God. Bless you for sharing with us! Bless you for being willing to respond to God's nudges!
    Blessings, Karen OBS Group Leader

    ReplyDelete