Monday, December 10, 2012

He is... CLEAR


Clear: free from darkness, obscurity, or cloudiness; light.

"At once they left their nets and followed Him.."
Matthew 4:20

About a year ago, I was lying in bed and wondering what my next step in life would be. I knew I would be moving to Wilmington and starting my first "real" job. I was going to Port City Community Church and wanting to get more involved, but had no idea where to serve. I started praying about it.. and I clearly heard "lead middle school girl's bible study." I was in shock, excited, nervous, and scared all at the same time! I pulled out my journal and started writing. I remember questioning.. why middle schoolers, Lord? I hated middle school.. like really despised it. It was the most awkward, scariest time of my life. But for the first time, even though I questioned "why?", I OBEYED. And the rest is history as they say...

I am continuously reminded that I am doing exactly what God wants me to do. I am on the right track. I am supposed to be encouraging these 7th grade girls, and you know what.. they are encouraging me! It is SO rewarding and I am so blessed and grateful that I followed God's calling.
"You don't have to get all wrapped up in figuring out how God's calling will come to you. Just be ready to respond in faith when it does."
(Steven Furtick, Greater)

I have learned that when you RESPOND and OBEY God's commands that he provides clarity and in ways you never could have imagined. He does so much more when you respond expectantly in faith! He strengthens and helps you grow into a deeper relationship with Him (much faster than if you were to do things your way and on your timing).



No comments:

Post a Comment