![]() |
| Who Am I? |
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded of you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."--Matthew 28:19-20
"Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone."-- Colossians 4:5-6
I think the reason I have been LACKING joy lately is because I have been trying to find my IDENTITY in things of this world. We all do it... our looks, other people's opinions, money, media/music, hobbies, our job/position... but does that make it ok? God has called us to form our identity in HIM! And that takes a load off of my shoulders! It sure is stressful to try to form WHO I AM in THINGS.. that don't really matter.
"You were taught with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness."
-- Ephesians 4:22-24
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come; The old has gone, the new is here!"--2 Corinthians 5:17
I have been struggling with DISCOVERING who I am. However, I am reminded that I will only figure that out through CHRIST.
And I pray that the next time I encounter these people .. or others for the first time that I will shine God's light and make the most of every opportunity.
All this pain
I wonder if I'll ever find my way?
I wonder if my life could really change at all?
All this earth
Could all that is lost ever be found?
Could a garden come up from this ground at all?
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us
All around
Hope is springing up from this old ground
Out of chaos life is being found in you
"Beautiful Things"
Gungor
Gungor

No comments:
Post a Comment