Thursday, May 23, 2013

He is... THE ULTIMATE LEGACY

I will soar on the wings of eagles. I will learn to fly high above this world. 


"So be careful how you live, not as fools but as those who are wise. Make the most of every opportunity for doing good in these evil days. Don't act thoughtlessly, but try to understand what the Lord wants you to do."
~Ephesians 5:15-17

I have been reading this book, "One Month To Live: Thirty Days to a No-Regrets Life", and it has really challenged me to reflect on my life. To live each day to the fullest (to the best of my ability), make changes, and be honest with myself. I still struggle with not complaining, worrying, or having fears about situations and the future. I know I am not perfect. I still have a lot to learn.

One of today's challenges is "Write your obituary. Start with what your life has been so far and then continue it well into the future." You never know when your last day will be.

My Obituary
I have grown and matured so much in the past couple of years. The Lord has helped me overcome obstacles and situations that have only strengthened and formed me into who He wants me to be. I believe everything happens for a reason. People are placed in and taken out of our lives for reasons we may not totally understand. Everything is a growth opportunity. Relationships are so important to me and God knows I couldn't survive without them. I want to be known as a supportive, encouraging friend, daughter, leader, wife, mother... one that lived her life with purpose. I want to be a wife that submits to and loves her husband aka her best friend, companion for life. I want to support and respect him- to walk alongside and be proud of him. To pass on wisdom to her children and those around her. To live a life of joy with laughter that fills her house. To be available and open to what God wants me to do with my life. To continue serving the youth and teaching them about God and how to live in this crazy, messed up world. I want to leave a legacy. How will you remember me? Life is too short for regrets. It's time to be honest with yourself and others. 

"My life belongs to Christ, it's His name that will last; only when I live to influence others for Him will I leave an enduring legacy."
One Month to Live

No comments:

Post a Comment