| FUSE 2013 |
I had the opportunity to attend FUSE CAMP #fuse2013 this past week with my church- PC3. It was amazing to say the least! I love walking alongside my middle school girls. We had the blessing of having our very own pastor, Mike Ashcraft, lead the main sessions. He spoke TRUTH to these students.. TRUTH that needed to be heard. I saw several breakthroughs with my girls this year.
It is so awesome to be a witness and share my life experiences/struggles with these girls. My girls have so much insight! They shared about their insecurities/self image issues and it was incredible to be able to share with them TRUTH from Psalm 139:
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth your eyes saw my uniformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."
Psalm 139:13-16
"...all things have been created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together."
Colossians 1:16-17
The final night we had the opportunity to take communion. Mike challenged the students to really make a conscience choice based on their relationship with God. My girls were moved by what Mike had to say- what God spoke to them. Most of them said this was the first time they really understood and made the choice for themselves instead of just doing it because "I'm supposed to" or "My parents made me". It is awesome to witness seeds being planted in their hearts. Praise the Lord for speaking truth to these girls. Two of my girls want to be baptized!! :)
"So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything,
but only God who gives the growth."
1 Corinthians 3:7
I pray these girls continue to hear the truth and discover who they are in Christ. It's such a critical age being a 12-13 year old girl.. they need to know who they are before the world/others conform them into something other than Christ.
"Everything finds its meaning and purpose within its context of a relationship to God."
"Every desire you have is a longing for God."- Mike Ashcraft
No comments:
Post a Comment