Thursday, August 23, 2012

He is... PEACE



"You are peace, You are peace  
When my fear is crippling  
You are true, You are true  
Even in my wandering  
You are joy, You are joy  
You're the reason that I sing  
You are life, You are life,  
In You death has lost its sting"
Hillsong 
"Forever Reign"


These are words from my journal during quiet time at Fuse Camp:


I'm looking at the lake right now and how very STILL it is-- so PEACEFUL. Except when a fish disrupts the stillness and jumps out splashing the water up and ripples... But then a few moments later there is stillness again. It's the same when all the students will be out here this afternoon- mass CHAOS: Huge splashes, loudness, feet trampling on the wooden dock... But after everyone leaves: stillness, tranquility, peace.

"In the secret, in the quiet place
In the stillness You are there
In the secret, in the quiet hour
I wait only for You
Cause, I want to know You more

I want to know You
I want to hear Your voice
I want to know You more
I want to touch You
I want to see Your face
I want to know you more"

Sonic Flood
"I Want to Know You"


Same with LIFE. God is PEACE. Even in the still, calm, happy times .. even in the mass chaos when everything seems to crash down around you or you feel like you are drowning. God is the ONLY constant stillness in our lives and I am forever thankful for that. And even in the crazy moments in life you are here..

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."
John 14:27

My mind wanders and sometimes I have 10,000 thoughts/worries shooting through my head.. but despite my worries it is a great reminder that God is constant, never changing and always, ALWAYS there with me creating that calmness and peace. Remember that when life gets crazy- God is the constant!

"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me- put it into practice.
 And the God of PEACE will be with you."
Philippians 4:8-9

"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have PEACE with God through our Lord Jesus Christ..."
Romans 5:1

No comments:

Post a Comment