Wednesday, December 19, 2012

HE IS... GREATER than our FUTURE



"Only God can send the rain. But He expects you to dig the ditches." 
(Greater, Steven Furtick)

Why is it that when God allows me to feel content in my singleness that the Devil comes in and screws it up?

Not even 2 months ago, I was feeling completely content in my singleness.. enjoying life, discovering my passions, etc. Until recently, several guys popped up out of no where.. and around the same time, which NEVER happens to me. The attention was exciting and fun at first, then it became distracting, then just plain frustrating! I am realizing that I lack trust and faith in God when it comes to my "future husband". I thought I had faith in God regarding this area, but obviously not with the frustration and stress it has caused me lately. I think it also has to do with seeing "couples" EVERYWHERE with the Holiday season underway. I have put the ball back in my court and tried to take control of my circumstances when the ball has ALWAYS been in God's court.
"For I know the plans I have for you, " declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." 
~Jeremiah 29:11 

A thought-provoking question from the OBS Greater: 

"The ditches we dig are to make room for the rain God will send. What kind of new blessing do you think God wants you to make room for in your life?"

God wants to send RAIN... so I will grow, like a tree. It takes a long time for a tree to grow.. years! Imagine all the rings a great sequoia has! Growth is a process, a long one, a constant one. God wants my ROOTS to dig deep in His fertile soil because only He can strengthen me from the ground up. He wants to shine His light on me, so I will shine on others. He wants to trim and prune me so I will flourish. So that I will depend only on Him and not the opinions or thoughts of this world. He wants me to cling tight and hold onto Him. For when I am ROOTED in Christ, I will find my confidence in Him and Him alone. I will be so focused that a man of God will have to seek God to win me over. I will be preparing myself for the one God has prepared for me. This next year- 2013, I will focus and become ROOTED (My One Word) in God's holy word. He will continue to bless me and in turn take away my fears and help me move forward. Lord, you are greater than my insecurities and fears!



"Do you have enough faith in God to dig a ditch even if you can't see any rain or hear any wind?"

"I am the vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit He prunes so that it will be even more fruitful...I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing... ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you." 
~John 15:1-2, 5, 7

No comments:

Post a Comment